Duties Your Asset Management Company Must Perform
The duty of your asset management company is undoubtedly to make a proper management of your business’ reserves - better known as assets - but there are several other things that the asset management company must look into. Let us look into the duties that an asset management company is supposed to perform:
- The first and primary duty is to keep and maintain a record of all the physical assets of the client’s company. The most obvious assets to look into are the property and the finance of the company, but they must also look into investments, stocks, insurance policies, and anything else that constitutes money.
- Asset management companies will also look into the bookkeeping affairs of the company. They will maintain the records for accounts, and will provide updated records in regular timeframes. They are sometimes expected to perform additional tasks that the company requires during taxation, such as filing of returns.
- Inventory maintenance is also a responsibility of your asset management company. They have to keep all records of the inventory in stock, and even suggest limits for stocking up on them. They can alert the company whenever the raw materials are running low. Apart from the raw materials, asset management companies should also take care of the inventories of all supplies, devices and equipment used by the company for their business.
- Asset management companies must maintain a list of all the suppliers to the company. In most cases, it is their duty to themselves communicate with the suppliers and stock up on raw materials for the company. Sometimes, they will also undertake to communicate with the wholesalers who take the products from the company for selling. That means, asset management companies would undertake a company’s entire buying and selling process, if they are contracted for the service at the outset.
- One very important service the asset management company must provide is investment advice. They must carefully instruct their clients how to make their investments properly, so that their financial assets show an improvement.
- In some cases, asset management companies can also look after the software and other knowledge-based assets of the company. In companies that deal with software, the job of the asset management company would be to manage the knowledge assets, which may not be in a physical form. They will also be expected to manage the IT resources the company operates with.
In this manner, there are several duties your asset management company must perform. Of course, you can decide in advance what kind of duties you really require, so that you don’t end up paying for more. Also, you must draw proper contracts so that the mutually decided clauses are adhered to.
With so many choices for managing your assets it is hard to know what company is the best. You need to find a company that is reliable and proven and invests your money in a way you are comfortable with.
Let us Help!
Kip D Goldhammer owns and operates http://www.assetmanagementcompanyreviews.com Certified Financial Planner